My Weight Loss Journey & Yacon Syrup Glazed Chicken
I have always been on the search for healthy recipes to try along my weight loss journey and came upon this recipe from Dr. Oz's website. Grilled, baked, and sauteed chicken breasts is my favorite go to meal when I'm trying to complete a healthy meal. I decided on the Yacon Syrup Glazed Chicken and it turned out so delicious! I changed the recipe to accommodate what I had in my pantry and it tasted great! If you love honey glazed meat, this dish is for you, but first let's start with some facts on Yacon Syrup.
What is Yacon Syrup?
What are the health benefits of Yacon Syrup? (Excerpt from Site)
- "100% pure organic Yacon syrup has shown to assist in weight management, increase fiber intake and promotes good bowel function.
- Other benefits include: Lowers blood sugar. Prevents and controls hyperglycemia (over activity). Restores renal activity. Good source of antioxidant.
- High in prebiotics and probiotics, this syrup contains up to 50% of FOS (fructooligosacharides). It has been found that consumption of FOS does not increase blood glucose, and helps boost your bodies metabolism.
- Naturally grown and sourced from the fields in Peru. Certified Organic ingredients from one of the best Yacon farms in Peru.
- 100% pure raw organic syrup formula with no added perservatives. Bottled and tested in a FDA certified GMP facility in the USA"
How can I use Yacon Syrup?
You can use yacon syrup as a dressing, glaze, in coffee or tea and overall sugar substitute for recipes.
Where can I purchase Yacon Syrup?
Here are the photos of my Yacon Syrup Glazed Chicken Dish:
My (version of the) Recipe for Yacon Syrup Glazed Chicken :
4 Chicken Breasts
1 clove of Garlic (minced)
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1 tsp of black pepper
1 TB of Worcestershire Sauce
2 TB of Yacon Syrup
1/2 cup chopped onion (caramelize with sauteed chicken) (0ptional)
The yacon syrup was easy to mix in this recipe. It was sweet, and thinner than I expected. The syrup is light and is truly as sweet as honey. I enjoyed the flavors of this recipe mixing with the sweetness of the yacon syrup. I sauteed my chicken and added my (room-temperature) yacon syrup while it was cooking and after I plated my dish.
There are so many other recipes I want to try with it and I appreciate the fact that it feels like I'm cheating on my diet even though yacon syrup is healthy. There are less than 3g of Sugar in yacon syrup, which is awesome!
Have you ever cooked with yacon syrup? If you haven't, would you try it?
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.